Sunday, December 30, 2012

Review of Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation
Picture taken from Sephora.com


Overall: 4.8/5
I purchased this foundation for $44 off Sephora's website.  Gotta say, this is my HG foundation.  I cannot live without it.  I have super sensitive skin that breaks out over the smallest things, but my skin has never looked better with this foundation.  I love that it's oil free so it doesn't cause breakouts, transfer free so it doesn't rub off on my clothes, and SPF 15 without making me look white in flash photography.  I find that this foundation better suits people with oily skin because it does wonders for shine control, however on someone with dry/combination skin I would suggest layering this over a light daytime moisturizer.

Packaging: 5/5
I love the packaging of this product.  It comes in a matte rectangular shaped bottle.  The product comes out through a pump, making it very hygienic.  The cap always stays on, and the pump dispenses the perfect amount to lightly cover the entire face.  The only downside is that the bottle is quite heavy, but I don't really care.

Color: 5/5
My skin is medium toned with yellow undertones, 330 Bisque N suits me perfectly.  This foundation comes in a huge range of colors, and it blends super well. I can honestly say I've never had a foundation blend in with my natural skin tone so well. The way that the names of the different shades work is that there's a name, followed by a letter.  If the letter is C, then the shade is meant for people with more pinkish undertones, if the letter is W, then the shade is for people with warmer more bronzy tones, and if the letter is W the shade is for people who are more neutral.

Staying Power: 4/5
Although this foundation claims to stay put for 24 hours, I find it fading very slightly at the end of the day if I don't use a primer.  However I have extremely oily skin, and compared to every foundation I have ever tried, this has had the best staying power.  At the end of the day, my blemishes and uneven skin tone are still concealed pretty well.

Coverage: 5/5
The coverage on this is absolutely superb.  I'd say this is a medium coverage foundation, however the coverage is certainly buildable.  I reach for my concealer a lot less when I'm wearing this foundation.  I'm impressed with how thorough the coverage is because it manages to still blend in and look natural.  It does a good job of covering acne scars, uneven skin tone, and even bags under the eyes.

Finish: 5/5
This foundation has a beautiful matte finish, making it very good for people with oily skin.  However, with matte foundations I've tried in the past, I always end up looking cakey, or shiny within a few hours.  The matte finish on this product is very natural, and it does wonders for oil control.  I'd also like to mention that it feels extremely light and comfortable on the face.

Do I Recommend This Product?
I highly recommend purchasing this foundation, it is completely worth every penny it cost.

Can Be Purchased At:
Sephora ships fast and has an excellent return policy.
http://www.sephora.com/teint-idole-ultra-24h-P308201?skuId=1399377

The foundation on me.
Taken in my bathroom, apologies for bad quality haha taken my iPhone 4S.



No comments:

Post a Comment