Sunday, December 30, 2012

Best and Worst of Eye Makeup Removers
(plus a dupe for the best)
Photo taken from Sephora.com
Lancôme Bi-FACIL-Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover BEST
This is my favorite eye makeup remover, it's definitely worth the $27 it costs. The packaging of this makeup remover is superb, the hole at the top is small enough to perfectly regulate the amount of product that comes out, but big enough so that you can stick a Q-tip in it. After shaking the bottle, I take a tiny bit on a cotton pad, lightly sweep it across my eye, and all makeup is removed.  This makeup remover is gentle, and good for people with sensitive eyes or who wear contact lenses.  My eyes are super sensitive, and most eye makeup removers make my eyes burn, but this feels amazing.  It leaves no oily residue behind, and the gentlest sweeps remove all makeup.  No scrubbing required here!  I'll also mention it smells amazing.


I'll admit that $27 is a bit pricey for a makeup remover.  When I'm short on cash I buy the Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover for around $5 from Target.  It's a good dupe for the Lancôme eye makeup remover as it possesses many of the same qualities.  It also does not irritate my eyes or leave behind an oily residue.  It's great at removing waterproof makeup without scrubbing too.


Photo taken from esteelauder.com

Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover WORST
Gentle? This product is so "gentle" that it doesn't remove anything.  Honestly, to get anything off with this makeup remover you're going to have to scrub, might as well bring out the kitchen sponges.  This product doesn't remove, but rather smudges. It's not worth $18, in fact I wouldn't even take this if it were free.  And in addition I found that this irritated my eyes, not sure if that has to do with the scrubbing I had to do to get anything off.  I just find this product so hopeless, I felt like I was using water to remove makeup.  A friend gave this to me for free, but if I had bought this I would of returned it right away.  I'm a fan of Estee Lauder but this makeup remover simply sucks.




1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna get some of that Neutrogena eye makeup remover today, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete